Monday, February 4, 2008

Finally....a positve result!

Okay, so it has been awhile since I have posted so I better catch everyone up.

January was a busy month for Ryan and I. First thing first....we found out that we are pregnant on January 17th! When I first took the test and saw a positive sign, I was in shock because the last few months all I saw was negatives. I ended up buying like 5 more tests to take because I had to be sure before I started calling everyone and sure enough they were all positive. We were so very excited. I went to the doctor the next day to get bloodwork done to confirm the pregnancy and that is when the month got a bit scary. My bloodwork came back showing I was definitly pregnant but my HCG levels (the pregnancy hormone) were very low. I ended up having to go get my blood drawn every two days for about two weeks. Most of you know that me and blood do not get along. I usually pass out every time and just a month before I found out I was pregnant I had to get blood drawn and I had a bad experience and passed out three or four times in the doctors parking lot...it was awful. So those two weeks of blood giving were not easy for me. Luckily I had my momma and Ryan and they came to my appointments with me to support me. Having my blood drawn started to get easier and easier. Good thing too, because I will be getting poked and proded a lot during this pregnancy. Well my HCG levels doubled and even tripled every two days so the doctor gave me two thumbs up and said he would see me when I was nine or ten weeks along. I was so relieved to know that everythingw as okay. I am six and a half weeks along and my due date is September 26th! These next eight months are going to be crazy but Ryan and I are so excited! So far I have had no morning sickness, so I have been lucky in that department but I better knock on wood because I pray I don't get it. I have had lot's of other symptoms and I call the nurse at my doctors office a million times a week...LOL. It is my first pregnancy so everything scares me and I am scared to use half the stuff in my house! Ryan and I even picked names already. If we have a girl we will name her Kaydence Grace and if we have a boy we will name him Keegan Ryan. I love both of those names and so does Ryan...which is amazing because he hated every other name I thought of. Well if anyone has any great advice for pregnancy and what not, send it my way because I am going to need it!

4 comments:

Mower Family said...

Glad to see an update! :)
Chris and I are so excited for you guys! It'll be fun to have even more cousins for Blake too! Make sure and take care of yourself and call me if you need anything. Love the names....but just wait for your second child. It will be even harder to come up with names you both love!

The Crosman Family said...

Dani,

We are so excited for you - Remember I am here for anything you need - We love you!!!
Tracy

Brittany said...

Dani - It is your cousin Britt just wanted to say congrats and hope you stay feeling great. Just relax and keep calling your Doc with any questions that is what they are there for. Best wishes to you guys and those names are darling!

The Crosman Family said...

I didn't know that about Ryan I feel really really bad for him I heard a deviated septum is awful!!!! I think little Blake is going to put us to shame!!!I hope everything is going good for you!!!It was good to hear from you - Love you!!!