Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I am Back!

Okay....so I have been gone for awhile. Ryan and I have been so so busy. A lot has changed since the last post so I will make a very quick update...

Unfortunately Ryan and I lost our pregnancy. I had a molar pregnancy, which is basically just a bad pregnancy. I found out at about ten weeks and had a D&C procedure shortly after. We were pretty devastated but we understand what happened and that it was just a fluke thing that can happen sometimes. We didn't do anything to make it happen and there was nothing we could have done to prevent it. Because of the type of pregnancy I was advised not to get pregnant again for a year. This is not set in stone but it is typical for a molar pregnancy. I was even more upset about this news but Ryan and I have decided that things do happen for very important reasons and we have faith that it will all work out when it is supposed to. For now we are focusing on getting me healthy and ready for when the time comes to try again. I have to go to the doctor every week and get blood drawn to make sure my pregnancy hormones are coming down. This will take some time but so far they have been coming way way down. Once the levels are less then two, my body will no longer think it's pregnant and the doctor will start working with me to get pregnant again etc. Until then Ryan and I are focusing on our marriage and each other. I want to quickly thank my family for all their support during this time. If I did not have all of you to talk to and relate to I would not have gotten through this very well. You are all so wonderful and I love you very much. Ryan....thank you for being my best friend and taking such good care of me while I recovered...I am so lucky!

Both our jobs are going great and we both received really great raises this past month. My schooling is going great and I am very proud and excited to say that I will be done with school in November and will be starting my student teaching. I am so excited about graduating and starting my teaching career. I am also really nervous but I think I will be a great teacher!

Since the pregnancy I have been wanting to really focus on my health and start losing weight. I figure the healthier I am the better my chances of getting pregnant are and the better the pregnancy will go. I have joined a gym in Tooele that I love and I also have joined another membership called The Difference. This membership is so awesome. A few of my friends also joined and we love it. The Difference is a club that does a bunch of different aerobics classes throughout the week. I get up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:00 AM and go to a 1 hour class. The classes vary throughout the week from step, kickboxing etc. They are really fun and give me an intense workout! I am almost dead once the hour is up...lol...but it is so worth it. Then every Monday and Wednesday night we go to Pilate's, which let me tell you, that is one hard class! I couldn't even walk after the first few times. We also do a belly dancing class on Wednesdays and we have so much fun in that class. It gives your abs a great workout! The other days I go to the gym. It has been a lot of work and it takes up a lot of my time but I am enjoying it a lot. I haven't dropped a ton of weight yet but I have lost several inches and gained some muscle. I am lucky I have such awesome friends because they go with me and support me even though they are like size zeros!

Well I think that covers most of the catching up stuff right now...I plan on keeping my blog up a lot better now. I know it is important to my family to see what is going on in my life. I will be posting about Ryan's surgery and my adorable new nephew Tyler in the next day or two...pictures are coming as well!

2 comments:

Mower Family said...

I'm so excited to hear that you are going to blog more! I would love to hear about you guys more and what you are up to. I wish you could you rub some of that working out enthusiasm on me! :) Way to go!

The Leavitt Family said...

It's nice to be able to read up on you guys! Hope you don't mind I'm adding you to my page. Hope you and your hubby are doing good! Maybe we'll see you soon! :)